Repairing Polyripple

The ceiling in our hall is painted with Polyripple textured paint.

I want to move a light fitting. Once I have, I need to repair the ceiling where it was.

We don't have any spare 'ripple & I surely don't want to buy a huge tub of the damn stuff. No, I'm not going to skim the ceiling - I simply won't move the light if that's the only option.

So ... can you buy this stuff in small quantities, or failing that, any suggestions for covering up the spot where the light was?

Reply to
Huge

You can get small tubs of premixed gungy Artex.

I recently did a similar repair using that after a light fitting was moved. This included having to let in a little piece of plasterboard.

The trick was to find a suitable item to reasonably match the original pattern. That turned out to be a wipe with a sponge in a plastic bag and a paint brush with bristles cut back.

Reply to
Andy Hall

There was a thread about patch-repairing Artex(?) here about a fortnight ago if you can find it.

David

Reply to
Lobster

'ripple's much less textured than Artex. It's more like thick paint.

Reply to
Huge

Yes, but if you're careful with the Artex and apply it sparingly you can achieve the same effect.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks - I shall have a play.

Reply to