Repairing flymo flex

Dead gum it! - i've run over my flymo flex and chopped it in two. Oh good night - it's nearly new. Anything I can do to fix it?

Reply to
googlegroupsspamfilter

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:48:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@alister.info mused:

Replace it.

Reply to
Lurch

If it's near to one end you could cut out the chopped bit and reterminate the relevant plug (if you know what you're doing) - and take more care next time!

I prefer a petrol mower, largely for this reason.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Ideally replace the flex. Alternatively assuming it has the normal flymo connectors, buy a pair and terminate your two cut ends into said connectors. You now have two shorter leads that can be plugged into each other.

Reply to
John Rumm

Having done this a couple of times I did two things - I got rid of the black cable and change to a white one which can be seen more easily and I used a Screwfix cable connector (no doubt B & Q do them) item #

16262 which means that the cable can be disconnected from the mower when I put it away and can be stored properly so that it doesn't tangle.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

And make sure you fit the connector the right way round !!!!

Reply to
Stuart B

Or get a waterproof joiner.

Reply to