repairing dishwasher hose

got a leak in the exhaust hose from the dishwasher - a couple of small holes approx 2 mm x .5mm on the ridge of a corrugation.

seems a lot to have to replace the whole pipe just for these 2 holes - i suspect the water isnt being pumped out at a n *enormous* pressure.

Best thing to try adn medn them with ?

inner tube rubber glue + patch ? supaglue and leave to dry? ductape ?

Reply to
p cooper

You could try silicone with a bandage of packing tape on top. Worked for me

Reply to
stuart noble

Best not mend it. In some thirty to forty years of using washing machines and dishwashers, I have never had a hose develop a hole. If your hose has failed, I suspect it isn't much good or has been maltreated. In either case you could reasonably expect a recurrence - together with its consequences.

You can probably get hold of a replacement for very little cost.

Reply to
Rod

Have you actually seen the water coming out through these holes? There is a high volume but very little pressure in the exhaust hose. It's open to the atmosphere. You might well be right about the leaks but I'd check whether it is exhausting properly into the stand pipe or the sink junction. Leaking or overflowing water could run back down the outside of the hose and appear to be coming from the holes.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Replace it. We had one fail on our 8 year old Bosch recently. There turned out to be more and more nascent holes!

As a quick fix, until the new hose arrived (discovered on a Friday night) I wrapped that whole area in self amalgamating tape - which worked really well. I wouldn't have been comfortable leaving it like that, though.

Reply to
Bob Eager

replace completely.

Reply to