repairing a resin/corian sink

I have managed to crack a resin-based sink to the extent that it leaks. I have an idea that I might be able to repair it by using a fibreglass patch on the outside to hold everything together. I then thought to excavate the crack a little on the inside, powder the scrapings, mix the powder with an acrylic resin and use this to fill the excavated crack. Anyone tried anything similar? Anyone have any tips or suppliers of a suitable resin? Simon

Reply to
fogweaver

Corian will only sell to their approved tradesmen and correspondingly must carry a list of such people and where they live. It may be their website will give advise, but I would suggest you contact them and see if you can find a local guy who works with the stuff. I don't know about repairing a crack but the material is relatively easy to work with and join

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Thanks Rob. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Someone else who has managed to find a DIY solution? Be grateful for any pointers. Simon

Reply to
fogweaver

Thanks for that, Rob. Has anyone tried anything similar to what I am considering? Any tips or suggestions for a more readily available and suitable acrylic resin would be very welcome. Simon

Reply to
fogweaver