Repair options for child's wooden playhouse

Hi all I'm viewing a s/hand childs' wooden playhouse tomorrow with a view to buying it for the younger offspring. It's a bit hard to tell with the photos I have available but I think it is a basically rather good quality one, but perhaps with some water-damage low down.

I'm trying to work out what my options might be for repair, and/or just keeping the thing 'running' for a few years without doing much to it. Obviously these considerations might affect the price I'd pay for it...

I would probably put down some paving stones as a base for it; if it is a bit rotten near the floor, might it be sensible to raise it up an inch or so via carefully placed battens to keep it ventilated & stop the base getting sodden? Alternatively I was wondering about applying the resin-based timber repair treatments. These are pretty pricey in my experience though and I am also wondering about simple paint job...

Of course no-one will be able to give definitive advice but I would be interested to hear your thoughts...

Thanks a lot Jon N

Reply to
Jon Nicoll

In article , Jon Nicoll writes

I'm guessing this will be pretty simple construction so cut and replace will be far less faff than resin or other patching repairs. Ripping out and replacing a dodgy floor really wouldn't be that much bother. Use sawn treated timber.

I'd only use resin repairs where it was a complex construction or profiles where rework would a difficult job.

Reply to
fred