repair caterpillar shoes

yes there is

Reply to
heavytull

didn't know that

Reply to
heavytull

what i actually did is to send them a message through their "contact" section on their website; I'd be surprised to get an answer.

Reply to
heavytull

It was around 1997, and I think Next were selling the stuff. My partner bought shoes and daybags and hats, thinking they were going to be robust (with a name like Caterpiller..). The day bag broke in five different places on my first outing - the straps slipped, so needed safety pins to hold them, the plastic label on the front cracked (and was far to thick and heavy anyway, just adding to the weight of the bag), the flimsy plastic bits on the straps snapped, the stitching came undone around the base, etc. That was the first outing. Other products met a similar fate very quickly. Took me a while to pursuade her to stop buying that crap. The problem was, it *looked* good in the catalogue. It was the genuine thing, and perhaps some fakes would have been better made.

Reply to
Jason

CAT boots - "can't afford Timberlands"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I am going to defend Cat boots now. I ave had a pair for 10 years and they are still ok, I am a bit miffed as one of the laces broke this week .

Regards

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Can afford timberslands, don't see the point in paying £100 for boots when I can get similar for £35 from Makro.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Yes but then you have to go to Makro.

Each time I have been to one they always seem to smell of decaying food.

Nowadays if I want to bulk buy items such as mineral water, I go to Costco - at least that doesn't smell.

Reply to
Andy Hall

what you mean?? Tim's better than CAT? I don't like their kid colors

Reply to
heavytull

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

And make tracks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon