Renewing driveway

Our drive was done many years ago. It is concrete with an embossed surface that may have been coloured at one time. It's all weathered in quite nicely. HOWEVER, what I really want is grass or some other plants we can drive on. Is this possible? Presumably, you need something to take the car's weight whilst the grass grows between the gaps?

Am I dreaming of something that does not exist or is very high maintenance?

Reply to
GB

Stuff to google for:

Plastic grass grids

Grass grids

And another option is railway ballast whacked down with an inch of soil on top. Probably be best with a micro clover or a grass that tolerates drought. It might be a little muddy in the wet but the mud will be limited and the car will not slip.

Reply to
Tim Watts

There's a house a little way from here that has the plastic grid. It just looks dreadful - mud where the car drives in and out. The grass just can't take being driven over. I did vaguely wonder whether they put too much soil into the grid, so the grass is too near the top of it?

Reply to
GB

Perhaps this is a job your friendly local pikeys can assist you with? If nothing else, they are *extremely* quick in every respect. ;-)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

If the driveway is narrow, you have to drive on the same place all the time. Wider driveways, you can vary it a bit and there is less of a problem.

Reply to
harryagain