Renewable Heat Incentive.

I did find one company who would give a training course and then come back to your place and install a system with you working alongside them and you end up with some sort of qualification and an MCS cert for your system. It was a tolerable deal for someone setting out to be an installer but nearly as expensive as getting a normal installer in for a one off. You also had to buy all the materials from them.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

A post worth framing and preserving for future generations to read.

The only conclusion is that you are either Dr Dribble or, and as impossible it might seem, someone even more dim.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Dimmer even than a fluorescent tube that's nearing the end of its working life, and is anyway covered in years of caked-on dirt, grease and fly shit?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

_____ ___________________________________

All electric "motors" can be used to generate electricity. A "range extender" is a small petrol generator to charge the battery. Not connected to the wheels.

Reply to
harry

cy is 50 to 65%. Are there online references to regeneration efficiency for= the Leaf?

Haven't seen any.

The whole thing is very complex. The computer is monitoring everything and it has GPS. If the battery gets low, it warns you to go the nearest charge point and will navigate you there. It has WIFI cellphone and can automatically recieve emails. It gets automatic updates to the charge point structure. It has a reversing camera. Everything is controlled with a touch screen. Nissan has tried to make the car look bog standard. They have even laid the electrickery out so that it looks like an IC engine when you lift the bonnet (It is FWD unlike the I-miev which is RWD.) It's only when you look for the spark plug leads you realise there is something fishy. There are only two and they are for summat else of course.

The only items I could identify with certainty was the 12 volt accessories battery. and the ABS valve thingy.

Reply to
harry

Well.the technical side is easy if you are an electrician. Reading the instructions is enough. Nothing unexpected. There is lots of paperwork to prevent fiddles. Then you need the scaffolding and roofing skills. But he roofing skills needed are low.

Reply to
harry

Clearly you haven't a clue about elementary physics.. If there where no losses, it wouldn't need a battery at all if you set off from the top of a hill. You would in fact have a problem stopping it.

Dribble is often right. Just he's dyslexic.

The only reason an aeroplane needs an engine is because of frictional losses. How do you suppose the space shuttle orbits the earth? Answer, no frictional losses. You f***g half wit.

Reply to
harry

Another f***g half wit?

Reply to
harry

They don't any more.

Wrong, all LEO spacecraft/junk will be slowed by friction and will re-enter unless you regulary boost the orbit.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A diesel running on chip shop oil?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Miltary stuff is on the fringes of the atmosphere.(Hence friction) in order to be nearer and see more.

Reply to
harry

Harry - keep up mate. We are talking about plumbing in a Solar thermal system for RHI

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

On Oct 10, 5:32=A0pm, Bob Minchin

I was getting confused with an earlier thread.. But answer still applies. It is all a plot to prevent DIY jobs and create work for jobsworths. It's all straightforward work.

They are trying to make it retrospective on other things too. I blame the EU.

BTW, how's your PV performing these days?

Reply to
harry

I've got no problems with the DIY skills - I just would like to get MCS accreditation for the RHI

The PV is working fine thanks. I have a minor shading problem at this time of year. I cut down a neighbours tree (with permission) but a second one that he wants to keep, is causing some morning shade so I plan to re-configure the wiring from a single series chain into two series chains connected in parallel which should help.

The last few days have been poor due to awful weather but I don't expect to do much from now till March anyway.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

How will reconfiguring it help? That would cut the voltage in half and so the inverter might not work at all. It would certainly shut down earlier/start later every day.

Mine did 4013 Kwh last complete year. (3.88 Kwp array)

I am running about 160 Kwh behind this year compared with last year. It was bad weather last June caused this. Surprisingly September was better than last year so caught up a little.

I don't have any issues,it is in a near perfect situation/position.

Reply to
harry

So the ISS is "military stuff"?

some stuff is very low, there is a research observation satellite that has to constantly boost it's altitude because it really is skimming the that atmosphere. IIRC it's mapping the variations in earths gravity.

The military stuff can be made to swoop down for a "good look" the go back up, this obviously uses fuel and these satellites have a limited life.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

This is the whole point of multi string inverters. I specifically bought in inverter that has dual inputs and wide input voltage range. Start up and shut down times will be unaffected but the unshaded portion will generate more power when directly connected to the inverter rather that as it is now, connected in series with a part of the array which is high impedance when shaded. Yes the inverter sees lots of volts but it can't draw much current at the moment. I'll install a series/parallel switch anyway to do some experiments.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

"Prices expected to fall", "five years I think" and "how you look after it"= clauses wouldn't count for much in a warranty claim, don't you think?

The most optimistic view is that the car will last 5 years, or maybe 2 yea= rs longer, but then it will be be worthless. How 'green' do you think that is?

Reply to
Onetap

Well le t us know the outcome. I just have the one inverter & all the panels are in series. When the input voltage drops to 350, it closes down.

I read about a system where each panel had it's own inverter. Dunno what the advantage was.

Is your inverter transformerless?

Reply to
harry

t" clauses wouldn't count for much in a warranty claim, don't you think?

years longer,

The green bit is I can run it off my solar panels in Summer. The lithium from old batteries will be recycled as it is costly. The battery doesn't just stop. The capacity gradually falls away. ie you lose range.

Reply to
harry