Rendering Fallen Off

The rendering on my house has started to fall off in sheets. Whilst I realise that it all needs replacing, what is the best thing to do now for the winter. I presume it is better to wait until spring to have it renderered rather than have it done now?
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:28:18 -0000, "Alan Sinfield"

Mine's been falling off for a year and half since some cowboys (they had hats!) ;-) bodged the joint between my old guttering and the new stuff next door had put up.
I'm not worried yet as there's three layers of the stuff so I'm letting the weather take it off for me. :-)
Mark S.
Alan Sinfield wrote:

Well render will set even under damp conditions..
If you have an old house with solid walls the render was put on for a reason.. Someone I know had this happen to the flank wall on their end of terrace house. By the time last winter was over plaster on walls in the bedroom and lounge had blown ....
The problem is once render has started to come off, usually at the top, water runs between the wall and it; so you're worse off than with no render at all because the moisture can't escape and ends up coming though inside.