rendering

first of all seasons greetings to you all,over the years through practice i can now do a passable job plastring,we have an outside wall some 20ftx7 and i have decided to render it so i can eventually do it in a cream snowcem masonry paint,the brickwork is in good condition with no algae,what is the best methods and materials please,i assume i will have to prime it first and 2 coats,many thanks

Reply to
leedsbob

Shock horror. How old's the house?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

it is around 30 yrs old,we want to improve a seating area for summer use

Reply to
leedsbob

It's said there are 2 types of render, the one that has failed, and the one that's about to. A bit of an exaggeration in newer houses perhaps but, unless it's to remedy damp, I wouldn't go looking for trouble.

Reply to
Stuart Noble