Removing wood stain ?

Now I have a pale laminate floor I have to remove a mid-pine stain and light varnish coat on the adjacent stairs - how do I do this?

I could sand but would it be never ending or is there a better way?

Also what stain can I use to match up to the beech flooring, any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Tenex

I assume the stain was applies before the varnish? If so it going to be nigh on impossible to remove it. You could try sanding off, or chemically removing, all the varnish. Then bleaching the wood as BigWallop suggested in another post.

Reply to
BillR

I assumed I would sand off the varnish - it's a light coat but I haven't any idea how to bleach it out. Which other post/method?

Reply to
Tenex

BigWallop said "Apply the water and bleach mixture with a paint brush or soft cloth to make the area wet but not soaked .... If you make the bleach solution a 50:50 mix of warm water and cheap bleach it should do the job for you."

Reply to
BillR

Thanks for that.

Reply to