Removing TV from stand

This problem might appear silly, but I cannot remove my TV from its stand.

I have a CRT Toshiba 28" TV which I inherited, that is positioned on a stand. This is one of these open box types with 2 shelves for including

2 other electrical boxes, dvd, vhs recorder etc. What I want to do is simply remove the TV from the stand. However, it appears to be locked to it on the front right hand side corner. It can be swivelled around this point however. On the underside of this area is a small cylindrical 'hinge' type device, with a button inside which can be pushed in or out. I had presumed this was for locking the TV to the stand. However, regardless of whether I push the button in or release it, the TV still remains stubbornly stuck by this one corner to the stand. I don't want to use excess force for fear of damaging both the stand and underside of the TV.

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Reply to
fbsnr

This problem might appear silly, but I cannot remove my TV from its stand.

I have a CRT Toshiba 28" TV which I inherited, that is positioned on a stand. This is one of these open box types with 2 shelves for including

2 other electrical boxes, dvd, vhs recorder etc. What I want to do is simply remove the TV from the stand. However, it appears to be locked to it on the front right hand side corner. It can be swivelled around this point however. On the underside of this area is a small cylindrical 'hinge' type device, with a button inside which can be pushed in or out. I had presumed this was for locking the TV to the stand. However, regardless of whether I push the button in or release it, the TV still remains stubbornly stuck to this one corner of the stand. I don't want to use excess force for fear of damaging both the stand and underside of the TV. There must be some way of easily releasing it, but after 15 mins of trying this and that, I'm flummoxed.

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Frank Booth Snr

It's not just the weight and distribution of that weight surprising you is it? Our 28" widescreen CRT has the centre of gravity *very* close to the front face. Only and inch or so back from the front, no where near where you'd expect it. It also weighs in at a good 20kg, unless you get a good grip it'll really want to stay where it is.

Can you get the set onto it's face (onto a couple of towels or something to protect the screen) and work with moving the lighter stand?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's ok. I've removed the screws on the underside of the stand that hold the 'lock' in position. I can now remove the TV. I'm still baffled as to what is the small cylindrical object within the flange that hold these screws, and resembles a small batterry. There are no wires attached to it, and I've discovered it's magnetic.

Reply to
fbsnr

| It's ok. I've removed the screws on the underside of the stand that | hold the 'lock' in position. I can now remove the TV. I'm still baffled | as to what is the small cylindrical object within the flange that hold | these screws, and resembles a small batterry. There are no wires | attached to it, and I've discovered it's magnetic.

Tip the TV and stand **carefully** onto its face. The problem will be easer without the weight.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop