Removing toilet soil pipe

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
I'm redecorating a cloakroom, which involves replacing the toilet and
tiling the floor.

The old floor covering is out. The toilet and cistern are gone.

The soil pipe came out horizontally and then turned 90 degrees down and
over what I presume is a clay pipe that then goes through the floor and
presumably off to the waste sewer.

The white plastic soil now will not budge - although I've not hit it or
pushed it too hard as I don't want to damage the clay pipe.

It looks a litle like this:

   http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/forum1/removing-toilet-capping-off -
soil-pipe-t46606.html

except mine's horizontal and then turns 90 degrees down rather than being
up-and-down as in the photograph. My white soil pipe is also a larger
diameter than the clay pipe (so it fits over it).

How do I get rid of the old white plastic soil pipe?

What would be the consequence of hitting/pulling too hard and breaking the
brown clay pipe?

Thanks

Antonio
arcarlini@iee.org

Re: Removing toilet soil pipe
Need you ask? Angle grinder!

Use a small rotary cutter such as a Dremell-type tool to cut
down the inside of the plastic pipe so you can split it.

JGH

Re: Removing toilet soil pipe
that will be a 5h11tty job.......

Re: Removing toilet soil pipe
I've just spent all day chiselling limescale out of a
toilet. I think I still have shards of it in the ends
of my fingers.

What the hell do people eat that causes them to crap
out stone?

JGH

Re: Removing toilet soil pipe

Doesn't come from crap but piss and IIRC is urea.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Re: Removing toilet soil pipe

Think about it, if the slate disolved in the rain water slate roofs
would last the 100+ years they do. You don't see limestone roofs...

Rain water collected from a roof will be soft.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Re: Removing toilet soil pipe
Yebbut, they're eco wossnames, they'll believe anything
you tell them, and if that gets them to go round the
loo with some Jif and a scouring sponge all the better.

JGH

Re: Removing toilet soil pipe
Buy a bottle of Mr Muscle Shitty Bog Cleaner.

Print a green 'eco' label and stick it over the hazmat diamonds on the
bottle.

Present it to tenants/customers/neighbours/fools with a smile.

Owain