Removing tiles help

I am trying to remove tiles from around the bath on plasterboard. I ended up damaging the plaster board and having to cut the plasterboard around the tiles to get it off and re-plasterboard it.

I have the same job to do around the sink any advice on doing it without that level of aggravation.

I thought it would have been a simple job, lol famous last words.

Reply to
Pete

Can't you tile over what's already there? - there's every possibility that the same thing will happen again.

You can try a few sharp scrapers, preferably flexible ones, and give the hammer and chisel a rest

Reply to
Phil L

Hit the tiles with a small hammer, to break them up abit, then I use a thin putty knife that I've made into a scraper, push behind tiles and they will come off easy-peasy

Reply to
polly filler

Being realistic, if they are bonded straight onto un-skimmed plasterboard, then they are not coming off without damage. You have three options:

Rough sand, then tile over the existing;

Rip the PB off in the first place complete with tiles, reboard, and re tile;

Chisel tiles off, and then replaster the now wrecked plasterboard before tiling.

Reply to
John Rumm