removing supporting wall under landing

Single brick wall under top step of stairs / landing, which could be supporting the landing, and also appears to support the newel post at the top of the stairs and presumably the top of the string. I want to remove the brick wall so I can build a downstairs toilet into be cupboard under the stairs, plus a bit more ( a little bit taken from the kitchen). Any idea how easy this would be ? Since this is a fairly standard design for 1920/30s houses, I thought someone may have some experience. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson