Removing stains on an acrylic bath?

Very impressed with the dedicated d-i-y of the pair of you!

Spamlet

For anyone looking at this now and needing help, This is what worked for me when I stained my white acrylic bath with pink clothes dye (which leaked from a scarf I'd left to soak).

*Put in plug. *Threw half a pot of baking powder on the stained area. *Half a bottle of lemon juice. *Left for 10 secs *Scrubbed with a typical kitchen sponge (with the green soft scourer - do not use anything too scratchy). *added water and scrubbed again. *drained and rinsed (much better but still pink) *repeated the baking powder and lemon juice *filled water to cover the stained area and scrubbed more. *left for 2-3 hours *scrubbed with the water still in *drained and rinsed (tiny bit pink) *Bathroom bleach spray, scrub, rinse. *99% back to normal! *Phew!
Reply to
wonderstoneltd

A lot of traditional fabric dyes are vegetable based and, not being totally water-fast, will disappear eventually (from the fabric and the bath)

Reply to
stuart noble

I suspect you could have saved time by just bunging bleach in.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I agree. The lemon juice and baking powder probably cancel each other out. Sometimes oxy-bleaches work better than chlorine ones; sometimes vice versa.

Reply to
polygonum

The other thing to note is that often the stains are in a thin layer of limescale that has built up on the surface. If you tackle the limescale (some type of acid / limescale remover) the stain may go with it. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson