Removing Roof Tar

Hi all

For the regulars, the extension re-work currently under way includes replacing a flat felt roof with dual pitched tiled alternative. The problem I have is that there are a number of bricks covered in the tarry remnants from the old roof sealing attempts. These will be exposed due to the angle of the roof and the reduced height of the angled flashing. Is there a cleaning product that will remove this gunk from the surface of textured brick facings?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Petrol and the like will have some effect, but it will be a mare of a job. best bet is to replace the bricks, the sound like they are at the top of the wall, so the job won't be too big of one.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

my cleaners faq may be useful for you. Google, groups, uk.d-i-y, search.

NT

Reply to
bigcat