Removing PU glue

Dripped a drop of polyurethane glue onto a ceramic floor tile at the weekend. Wiped it off but it has left a glossy mark. Is there a chemical remover for it or is it like expanding foam and mechanical removal only? If so I was thinking of wire wool. Tiles are porcelain so fairly hard.

In retrospect I should probably have left it as a blob until it set an then just scraped it off.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Possibly a terpene-based cleanser (orange peel) might do it. Next door's car had been attacked with some PU glue (we think) in an attempt to get the lock, but fortunately missed. T'chap couldn't get the glue of so, after testing on a hidden area, Ecover's citrus-based cleanser did it and the paint and bumper were OK.

Reply to
PeterC