removing plaster from bricks

We have had some rather bad plastering work done. Among other issues, the plasterer managed to get plaster on some bricks which are supposed to be left exposed as a feature wall. He said that once it was dry it would brush off, but it has not.

Does anyone have any ideas for removing dried on plaster smears from brickwork?

Thanks

Reply to
Sue Donime

Charge the plaster what it costs to put right?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Brick acid (Hydrochloric acid) will get it off. It will also dissolve the mortar (and lots of other things), so be careful. You might find any acid will work -- I used kettle descaler to get plaster off quarry tiles and sand/cement off a dinner plate (don't ask), but neither of these surfaces were absorbent -- I might worry about it soaking in and staining some types of bricks. You might even try some vinegar on it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Apparently, preasure washer will do it, not the silly B&Q things but a power blaster machine from the hire shop. A knowledgable goy told me this is how to sort mine out, but I ain't tried it yet .....

Rick

Reply to
Rick