removing mirror tiles

How do you remove those decorative 15cm square stuck-on mirror tiles ? Is it possible to soften the adhesive by warming ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

If they're stuck on with sticky pads you could try pulling cheese wire down behind them to slice them off.

I found it easier to cut round my stuck-on mirror and remove the plasterboard it was stuck to, thus not breaking the mirror.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Just tried warming them with a smoothing iron (through a piece of soft paper). It worked a treat - I got all 10 off without breaking one. If you're quick enough, the (thermoplastic) sticky pads that held them on are still hot enough to be be pulled off the wall too.

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins