Removing masking tape from external glass

Any suggestions for removing masking tape - it is now very well stuck on! It has been on 7 large picture windows for 2 weeks while varnishing. I have tried with warm water and pulling - which is very slow and leaves the adhesive on the glass. I can get the adhesive off with meths but again a very slow job. Any tips to speed the task gratefully received. TIA Tricia Midlothian
In uk.d-i-y, Tricia wrote:

WD-40
And next time, use long duration masking tape ;-)
--
Nigel Mercier

Please remove NOSPAM from my return address

Soak it in white spirit.
--
*Life is hard; then you nap

Isopropyl alcohol is great for removing adhesive residue - squirt it on and wipe it off with some kitchen roll or similar.
Hellraiser...........>