Removing laminate flooring from under a wall

Guys, my son has just rang me, he is DIY'ing has first house. Just started to remove laminate flooring only to find that a stud wall has been built over the top of the laminate. The laminate is 'long ways' under the wall.

What would be the best way to cut the laminate away along the wall?

Current thoughts are; Stanley knife - probably a job for life hand saw - any suggestions for a good saw to use bearing in mind proximity of wall to knuckles Some type of power tool?

An added complication is that the hallway door is at an angle on the same wall, he would like to keep the laminate in the hall for the time being as funds are tight. I assume the same solution will be viable to cut in the doorway.

Answers on a postcard.....

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

The Bosch PMF 180 would do the job

POWER+TOOLS.htm

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Fein Multimaster or Bosch PMF180E.

Reply to
<me9

In article , Kevin writes

2" chisel, go half way through in a couple of passes and it should snap from there, should leave a nice clean edge, 30min job.
Reply to
fred

Why remove it? Is it damaged?

Reply to
Geoff Berrow

Whats going in its place? if carpet just lay it on top bearing in mind shavings will have to come off the bottom of the door.

Reply to
George

Angle grinder with general purpose blade.

Reply to
George

Thanks to all who replied. I can report a sucessful removal using the chisel method.

Reply to
Kevin