Removing grease from pine door

I've got a stripped pine door that has an area of finger marks that has produced a stained greasy surface. No amount of sanding has removed the stain but I've been told about sugar soap. This is said to remove grease, but will it remove the staining? Are there any other products that would clean the surface?

Dave

Reply to
David

Try white spirit. I don't know what the "stains" consist of that sanding won't remove, but I wouldn't use sugar soap on a stripped surface. It's alkaline and will almost certainly darken the area

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Thanks, will give it a go.

Dave

Reply to
David

White spirit. You might have to put some sort of oil on the rest of the surface to avoid a patchy look.

Reply to
Chris Bacon