Removing glue and tape from uPVC window frames

A previous occupant stuck some large white plastic hooks to the uPVC window frames with what looks like a load of double sided tape and some old yellow brown adhesive. Possibly evostick or similar. It is very old and hard.

Any ideas on how to remove it?

I have cellulose thinners in the garage but suspect they would damage the uPVC. (I think my angle grinder would do the same!)

TIA for any advice.

Reply to
Invisible Man

WD40 gets the glue off, soapy water gets the WD40 off :)

Reply to
Simon C.

A sharp chisel did the job when I had a similar problem, but that WD40 sounds better! Phil

Reply to
Phil B

Thanks for these 2. Will try out the WD40 when I throw off this food poisoning or virus or whatever.

Reply to
Invisible Man