Removing emussion

Fonts Of All Knowlege,

The Numptie that had my place before me has painted the bathroom ceiling without cleaning it properly. I painted over his paint (having sugar soaped it) and both these layers are now peeling. Needless to say, its not ALL falling off, just some of it.

So I'm trying to scrape it. Any trick to make this easier? I've got a long handle scraper with the dead sharp, replacable blades, but even then its no fun.

I don't want to paper, a) it's a b@stard job, & b) there's a better than fair chance it would come straight down.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

Steaming might soften it.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Heat gun at full blast.

Reply to
Mike

Nasty fumes, might blow the plaster, might not remove the paint, but worth a try :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Steam is effective on emulsion.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

For the reasons above I'd already decided against that idea, but ta anyway!

Reply to
Andrew Chesters

I'll try a gentle steam when I next feel strong enough to do some more. I don't want to get more than the two layers off, and the next layer down seems sound, so I'll take it gently.

Watch this space...

Reply to
Andrew Chesters