Removing duct tape residue

Hi all. I have a wing mirror being held on with duct tape. I'm going to repair it this weekend but the moulded plastic cover has a lot of the residue from the duct tape on it. What stuff will remove this?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Davao

White Spirit.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Sometimes Windowlene is sufficient, but WD40 usually works - though check it's ok on the plastics.

Reply to
dom

We suffer this a lot in the theatre, usually a fresh piece of gaffer tape is sticky enough to lift off old gaffer tape residue , surprisingly enough this works really well.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

It works for quite a lot of sticky labels as well. Often you can use the bit of the label that came off cleanly to remove the remaining residue.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

If there are any little bits left rub them off with talcum powder.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

UR Cynthia Payne AICM£5

Reply to
Guy King

No....