Removing clay from on top of grass after digging

I've been digging some drainage ditches etc using a digger (NB this is the most fun I've had with my clothes on).

Being a novice, I've managed to spill a lot of clay onto the nearby grass, and sometimes I've compacted it with the digger tracks. I can remove the clay in chunks by hand, but I wondered if someone had found an easier way - there is an awful lot of it!

Reply to
Nigel M

Hose it to dissolve the clay?

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Ordinary grass rake to break up/rewove the worst of the lumps then let the weather wash the rest off.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I use a swiss hay rake. The fonds are curved so they run over the grass rather than dig into it.

The other way to do it if there is alot, is using the exvavator, run the bucket on the grass, with the cutting edge FLAT to the grass. Howerver this in not you "first day" with a digger stuff, it took me a week to get this even vaguley right.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper