Removing ceramic tile adhesive

I'm in the process of removing ceramic tiles from the plasterboard walls of the toilet (aren't SDS drills brilliant?). The plan is to go for a painted finish instead, but this looks unlikely until I can find a fast, effective way of removing the tile adhesive which remains on the walls. Failing that I'm going to have to get a plasterer to skim it. So here's the question : has anyone used the Bosch electric scraper (or something similar) to do this, or got any other suggestions for how best to tackle this?
Thanks in advance,
Ian
Wallpaper steam stripper

Not if the tiles were directly onto plasterboard...
--
*Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view

Go to a boatyard from now to Easter and you will hear Bosch scrapers in action removing anti-fouling. The yotties swear by them, rather than at them.
Steve Firth

I used a belt sander (and taped the door!). But then, I didn't want to paint over it, just retile.
Christian.

Thanks Christian et al : I guess I'll need to get a plasterer in for a skim !
Cheers,
Ian