Removing Central Heating

Hi All,

My current CH system is quite old and I'm going to save costs on installing a new one by running the pipework and hanging the rads myself. In the existing set up both the hot water and CH come on at the same time. There are no thermostats. What I'd like to do is remove the old CH system but keep the hot water. Is there a way to do this? I was thinking about joining the CH feed and return a few metres from the boiler but was unsure if this would cause problems. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Reply to
RatRibs73

Mmm. if there is as definite HW feed and return, just cap off the rads circuit altogether and let the boiler only heat the HW..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's what I thought but was worried that the boiler may somehow overheat because there are no thermostats. Does the boiler regulate itselff?

Reply to
RatRibs73

Boliers have a thermostat built in so no problem.

Reply to
marvelus

there will probably be a control on the boiler that allows you to control the temp of the boiler. you could turn it low because you dont want the hot water cylinder at the 80 degrees that a CH system needs.

Reply to
marvelus

==================== You could probably fit a temporary thermostat to the tank to control the on / off of the boiler to be safe.

Look here for one type: