Removing bitumen adhesive from floor boards

I have just removed vinyl floor tiles on my bathroom floor but I need to remove the remaining adhesive before I can lay a carpet. Other than using wire wool and white spirit has any one any ideas on what I could do?

Reply to
williams.chris

Carpet on a bathroom floor, don't do it ?

Maybe this stuff will get rid of bitumen.

soup

Hot air gun and a scraper?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Why?

Scraper and elbow grease. Keep the scraper clean and sharp.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Chris,

Good luck its nightmare that stuff. Id be tempted to leave it, why did you life the tiles?

Kev

Reply to
kevin foote

Nitromors and a scraper should do it. Make sure you don't allow the gunk back on the floor or you'll be back to square one.

Reply to
Stuart Noble