Removing auto toll dongle clip from windscreen.

our car was obviously used by someone who had one of the little dongle things for the old automatic toll for the Dartford crossing. At some point, this clip which holds it was broken, but the rest of it is still stuck to the windscreen. Whatever they use sticks it really strongly.
There are the same as the ones used on French auto route tolls. I have one of those, and I have a spare clip I can use. But I'd like to get the old bit off first. Anyone no any tips for getting them off?
Thanks
Chris French
On Mon, 23 May 2016 11:30:43 +0100 (GMT+01:00), Chris French

I got one off by dripping white spirit on it which eventually loosened it. Acetone will also work and probably more quickly but if any drops on the plastic bits of the car may well damage the surface. White spirit won't.

for thoise who don't know: acetone is often sold as "nail varnish remover"
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 23/05/2016 11:30, Chris French wrote:

The tags are still in use with the new system. Ours still "beeps" when we go through :)
I got mine off a previous car by using fishing line to "saw" through the pad and then MEK to clean the glass.
The adhesive is 3M VHB and they say in the related pdf to use:
"Solvents The adhesive residue can be wet with a solvent then covered with a plastic film and allowed to soak for 5-15 minutes. Once the adhesive is softened, use a scrapper to remove the adhesive. Solvents to use include: • 3M™ Citrus Base Cleaner • Automotive Bug-and Tar remover • MEK (Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone) • Other commercial adhesive removers"
This is from: http://solutions.3m.com/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?lmd57835586000&locale=en_IN&assetType=MMM_Image&assetId80621639953&blobAttribute=ImageFile
Lee