Removing adhesive

I'm in the process of removing some expanded polystyrene coving. Unfortunately, the large blobs of adhesive which held it to the ceiling are staying with the ceiling rather than the coving. It looks very much like Evostik (though I thought that didn't stick polystyrene) and isn't wanting to move.

Anyone got any thoughts on a solution (pun intended!)?

TIA

Angle Grinder

I've had 'some' success with a hot air gun and a paint scraper.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

"F" wrote

Be a bit careful if you are using a scraper for prolongued periods overhead! I ended up with tendonitis after a similar exercise. Also check the base coat on the ceiling. If it's artex, it may contain asbestos. OK it should be the low risk stuff, but at least wear a dust mask.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Worked a treat: thanks.

Just got to wait for the burns on hands and arms from falling hot (ex)adhesive to heal!