Remove print from plastic piping?

I have a length of white plastic pipe with writing on it from some kind of dot-matrix printer. Got from my local Plumb-Centre.

I can get it off using some white spirit and a scourer, but I want the pipe to be as smooth and clean as possible, with no scratches.

Any idea how I can get it off without melting the plastic and not leaving any marks?

Thanks,

CB

Reply to
Crafty Bugger

Try Brasso - that may get it off.

Or if it needs something a bit more agressive, that kitchen cleaner paste you get in tubs.

Roger.

Reply to
Roger Wareham

"Crafty Bugger" wrote | I have a length of white plastic pipe with writing on it | from some kind of dot-matrix printer. Got from my local | Plumb-Centre. | I can get it off using some white spirit and a scourer, | but I want the pipe to be as smooth and clean as possible, | with no scratches. | Any idea how I can get it off without melting the plastic | and not leaving any marks?

Stain devils ink or ballpoint pen remover? Try on a test piece first.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I tried that stuff once, had no effect at all, on ballpoint ink. Olbas oil did a fine job, and may for your pipe too. I've no idea what it does to plastic, if anything, so definitely do a test piece first.

Olbas oil comes from boots, superdrug or any chemist.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Interesting, thanks for the suggestion.

CB

Reply to
Crafty Bugger

I think ive got some Klin somewhere. Thanks for ideas!!

CB

Reply to
Crafty Bugger

Try meths or nail polish remover.