Remove Plastic Padding wood filler

I have used some plastic padding wood filler only to find it must have gone past its use-by date and it will not harden. I need to remove it before I can use something else, but it's on a hole where it is in nooks and crannies. It smells as if it should need a hardener, but the yellow stuff did not work. I new need some kind of solvent. Any ideas?

Reply to
Jim S

How odd. Never seen that before. Oh well.Acetone or cellulose thinners should get the unhardened muck out..or try brushing some NEW hardener into what's there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have seen resin fail to set in any normal period of time (hours to days) due to 'gone off' hardener/catalyst - but eventually go off. Depending on circumstances, time might come to your assistance.

Reply to
Rod