Remove plasterboard or chase out ?

I need to get 2 15mm plastic cenrtal heating pipes (+2.5mm power feed) down a wall for a kick space heater. The intended place is near a window, is it easier and neater to either:-

- Cut plasterboard, chase a groove in the block work, put in pipe and plaster over the groove ?

- Remove the plasterboard (dot and daub), chase into block work and stick on a sheet of board over the top ?

Reply to
Ian_m

The message from "Ian_m" contains these words:

Whatever you do, make sure that you make good to the level of the plasterboard, not the level of the wallpaper on top of the plasterboard. Some git in a house I once lived in chased the walls for power sockets[1] through the wallpaper, then plastered back to flush with the paper and repapered over it. Of course, when we stripped the walls there were ridges from the ceiling down to the sockets all over the place.

[1] And, incidentally, connected them to the lighting circuit.
Reply to
Guy King