remove burnt on starch from iron?

use spray starch- now the tefal non stick iron base has burnt on starch! have tried scraping with a nylon scrubber. any more ideas?

You can get little tubes of 'Iron cleaner' dunno what it is, but did the job in cleaning ours.
--
Chris French, Leeds

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:55:46 +0100, chris French

where in leeds did you get this iron cleaner stuff?

I haven't a clue where it came from.
Goes to kitchen draw
Rummage, rummage, rummage.
Price tag says 'Robert Dyas', so I didn't buy it in Leeds - Brighton or London I guess.
It's made by Vilene, I note it does indicate that it's not suitable for non-stick irons.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Try Samuel Taylor
Mary

I've heard that rubbing an orange or lemon on it can remove most of, if not all of it.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Yup, I was just thinking that. Mrs Beeton tells you how to do it, and I suspect she used lemon juice, but dont remember for sure.
She also tells you how to re-black your bras should you ever need to, all without buying any chemicals.
Regards, NT
On 28 Jul 2003 16:07:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote:

Does she say how to re-whiten the white ones?
Phil
(N. Thornton) wrote:

She does too... dare I ask?
Regards, NT