remove a 6" square reinforced concrete post with angle grinder

I'd like to remove a 6" square reinforced concrete post from the front garden. Unfortunately somewhere nearby are water and gas pipes to the house.

I've no idea how big the chunk of concrete is that the base of the post is set into was wondering whether it would be possible to slice it off with a 9" angle grinder with concrete cutting disc fitted? I don't think I could get it low enough to be flush with the ground and don't like using this monster tool - but any views about this job appreciated.

Various paving co's have turned up, sighed a bit and gone away. (Not enough money in it for them perhaps).

Reply to
dave

If you don't fancy the grinder, then how about an SDS drill and chisel?

Even if you use the grinder, that might be a way to get the "stump" flush.

Or dig around it, then tie it to the back of a car to pull it out?

Reply to
Adrian

Do get someone to video it :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'm not suggesting plenty of slack, full revs, and dump the clutch...

Reply to
Adrian

American Graffiti! :-)

Reply to