Removal of storage heaters

We have had our old storage heaters removed and replaced with oil central heating. NPower are now insisting on a Certificate of Compliance before they will change our old economy 10 meter to economy 7. British Gas who removed the heaters state that this is not necessary as we are reducing our load.Has any one else had this problem?

Reply to
Q Hill

I don't know about economy 10 prices, but are you sure you will use enough night time power to justify economy 7?

I did find that the cost of changing a meter does depend on the electricity supplier.

Reply to
Michael Chare

You need to remember with economy X, sure they charge less for night units but more for day units than standard tariff. So if you night use is very low, you may be better off without cheap night electricity.

Reply to
harry

And unfortunately very few suppliers are prepared to commit themselves to the mind-blowingly complex arithmetic involved in charging a normal tariff to someone with an economy 7 meter.

Reply to
Roger Hayter