removal of ceramic floor tiles.

I am about to remove 150 ceramic 30cm x 30 cm ceramic floor tiles from a concrete floor. I also have to remove some wall tiles. Should I a. Hire a Kango with tile chisel (approx £25.00 per day) b. Buy a SDS drill and tile removing bit. Cheap model approx £40.00. or go for a better quality, say £100.00. c. Use a hammer and chisel. d. Buy a heavy duty floor scraper. (approx £20.00) e. Buy a shovel (I was told this works)

Once removed i will be fitting a new kitchen so an SDS may come in useful, but will it remove the floor tiles?

Reply to
peter t

C + D + safety goggles.

I'd also try E but it can be tough on the wrists, depending on how well stuck down the tiles are. if they are realy well adhered you may need B but try the cheapest first, as always.

RT

Reply to
[news]