Remote window opener - in bathroom - and other Qs

Sadly SWMBOs MS is not so good, so standing is a PITA. We're coping in the main, but there are some odd issues that would be great to nail.

One is the smaller "top" bathroom window. It's above the bath, so requires a stretch to manually open.

Many years ago, we had a set of (crap) remote window openers. They were boxes which fixed to the frame, and had a chain which wound around a capstan that extended rigidly when unwound (the crap bit was the use of nylon gears which lasted slightly longer than a moths lifespan. TBH I was surprised as the units were Italian, who normally eschew such cheapness).

The units were powered by a battery, which was mains-fed (presumably to allow operation in a power cut).

If I wanted such a unit in a batchroom, the best arrangement would be to site the entire power supply - batteries and all - physically outside the room. Maybe the loft ? Obviously running 240V centimetres from the bath is not going to fly ?

Anyone recommend a decent unit ?

Given that there are a few windows which might benefit from such an upgrade, is there any advantage in looking a a *single* battery installation to feed them all. Sort of an LV system throughout the house ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk