Remote viewing security cameras

I've got a CNM Secure 4 camera DVR setup and can happily connect to it on the network with Internet Explorer but i'm having no joy with Firefox/ Ubuntu.

I'd like to get it working as I only have Windows on one of the computers I use.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, assuming it's possible.

Reply to
R D S

Probably needs to use activex which is an Internet Explorer / Windows thing. AFAIK will not work with Linux / Mac.

Al

Reply to
Allan Mac

Could you put the frames onto a webpage or set up FTP access on your local router and then virtually any type of computer can access them on the internet with suitable passwording if you needed. If your IP address is allocated by your ISP, you can use free services such as

to give you a URL to use that stays constant even if your IP address changes.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

i.e. Dynamic DNS. It may be necessary to use a service that OP's router supports.

Reply to
Michael Chare