Remote programmer/Thermostat connections Help

I just want to check with the Brains that my thinking is correct.

The boiler has four connections for external expansions, and one of these is a spare.

The three remaining connections are shown as Ns, Ls and Lr

The diagram of a mechanical stat with heater show the Ns as "neutral" and going to one end of the heater. The Ls is "live" and goes to the other end of the heater and contains an open switch symbol in line. The Lr line is "Switched Live" ang goes to another terminal in the stat.

The usual link is across the Ls and Lr connections.

The receiver has three connections on it and these are marked "Live", "Output" and "Neutral"

So looking at the two,

Ns = Neutral

Ls = Live

Lr = Output????

HELP???

Reply to
EricP

PS connecting it up.

I do not have 2 red 1 black cable.

Use 1 amp T2E with the earth slieved red?

Cheers

Reply to
EricP

Make and model of boiler, and of programmer ?

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

NO definitely not. The uninsulated wire in twin & earth must only be used for the earth.

The correct cable to use would be 1.0mm three core and earth.

Old colours -> Red - live, Blue - neutral, Yellow - switched live. New colours -> Brown - live, grey - neutral, Black - switched live.

Don't forget to get your "Part P" permission first :-)

John

Reply to
John White

Thanks for that John. I am now considering suicide. :))

Reply to
EricP