Remote inspection camera at Lidl

Useful for illuminating places where the sun don't shine?

Nemo

I've been thinking of getting one of those for a while.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Had to swallow something similar at the hospital earlier this week. Still can't figure out how they steer the bloody thing

Reply to
stuart noble

Reply to
scorched

Not pleasant, I find.

Reply to
scorched

The traditional way of performing many repairs to the violin family is to take the top off, do the repair and slap the top back on again. A well-make instrument will have been built to facilitate that but it still can add a huge amount to the cost. I've become pretty adept over the years at a form of "micro-surgery" that avoids this in many instances and a lighted camera probe would be a big improvement over the lights and mirrors I currently use to see what I am doing.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

What it doesn't say or show is if it has an external output so you could link it to a laptop or whatever to store the pics.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you have a laptop, you can buy a USB camera on a flexy with lights for around 20 quid on Ebay - and with a much longer flexy. Sounds like better value for most.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It must either accept a memory card or thumb drive to store pictures since the stated image resolution is higher than the display.

Thanks for the heads up on this one...

Reply to
Martin Brown

Reply to
Syke

An Aldi one I bought almost a year ago has a composite video output. When you plug it in, it disables the internal monitor, but very stupidly, it doesn't turn it off, so your batteries are still drained driving a bright blue blank screen.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Certainly not pleasant, but I don't think it warrants sedation. I was tossed out after half an hour and allowed to go home on my own. Those on sedation were lying around for a couple of hours, trying to grope the nurses, and generally behaving in an embarrassing fashion :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

One might think so, but it does not necessarily follow that the native camera resolution is actually output anywhere.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

This looks similar, but cheaper:

anyone tried the USB endoscopes, like this one:
this very morning I suffered the indignity of flexible sigmoidoscopy. The quality of the image was surprisingly good, but overall the experience didn't have much to recommend it.

Reply to
Nospam

> Has anyone tried the USB endoscopes, like this one:

> Coincidentally, this very morning I suffered the indignity of flexible

Pfffffffft, you only had half a job done, go for the full colonoscopy next time ;) It's those cannula thingamyjigs I don't care for. Actually, the guy who did mine was good. He started *ahem* ramming it up until there came a point when I was just about to say "f*** me, hang on a sec squire" at which point I suddenly knew no more about it.

Reply to
scorched

LOL Whilst on this kinda subject, I had a Barium enema, they inject air to open things up. On the drive home I started to get extreme low-down pain, never experienced anything like it before or since (thank god), agony for 1.75 hours.

Reply to
scorched

i keep saying i'm going to get one of these, since maplins started doing them a couple of years ago, thing is i really want the type that can be steered, but i imagine i'd need to add a couple of noughts to the price for one of them,

Reply to
Gazz

In message , Nick Odell writes

I've been trying to use a webcam plus a led to look inside guitars for a time now and it has never been too successful as the camera pointed the same way as the bendy tube. My son gave me an old Maplin one that he couldn't find drivers for some years ago. It has a tiny camera at right angles to the tube and last week I discovered that it was made by Siig and the old w2k? drivers worked in Win 7.

I'm hoping this will be much better for inside the instruments and under the car etc..

Reply to
Bill

I have had one up the other end and I think it would be preferable to swallowing an endoscope. At least there's no gag reflex with a colonoscope...

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

A few years ago, I had both done, at the same session...

Reply to
S Viemeister