Remote gate key fob - clone it?

We have a share of a small holiday flat in Spain, which has secure underground parking (good for keeping the car cool as well!). The parking area is accessed via a gate on the road, and both this gate and the garage door are opened by a remote key fob, which I assume works on short wave radio or some such.

Ideally I'd like a couple of spares, but the manufacturers are playing hard to get (plus my Spanish is worse than my German, which is to say non-existent). Can these things be cloned and, if so, how?

Thanks

Will.

Reply to
Will

Will formulated on Monday :

Modern ones, no. They work on a rolling code system, which changes at each press of the button. The only way to add a remote is to add it via the gate and garage doors button for the purpose.

Older single code types can be cloned, but I have no idea where might do this.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

search for garage remote key fob spares and see if that helps.

Reply to
mogga

Hi As already posted most work on a rolling code system but you mentioned Spain. If you have the fob open it carefully and see if it has a DIP switch either on the PCB or in the battery compartment. If so you are in luck as these Spanish systems are coded at the keyfob so all you need do is order a new fob and set the switches as per your fob. Would also help group if you could find the maker (should have a name on the fob)

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj

It's a Mutancode from a manufacturer called Batifuen - can be seen here on the left:

'd rather not buy one from the manufacturer because they're rather expensive.

Will.

Reply to
Will

You might not have a choice, I think that's a rolling code type and you'll have to get the access control system (receiver) programmed to accept it.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Hi As Clint points out they do look like rolling code but some earlier models do have a dip switch .As for supply you really are locked to the manufacturer unless they buy in from a major producer like Erone but even then Erone will not supply you direct. Looks like you may be snookered sorry CJ

Reply to
cj

Many thanks one and all. The manufacturer it is....

Will.

Reply to
Will