remote control light switch

was tempted by one of those 'no wires remote control light switches' made by 'home easy' whilst in B&Q yesterday, but can't find any info on how long the lithium battery lasts.. any one know ? Are we talking months and months presumably ?

Simon

Reply to
srp

Do you mean in the remote control? The switch itself has presumably access to mains so shouldn't need a battery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have the Domia Lite which uses (IIRC) a CR2032 button-type lithum cell in its remote. I think that is now a couple of years and counting. I'd anticipate (in the way we use it) at least four years and maybe much longer.

Reply to
Rod

It is bad enought trying to find the remotes for the TV equipment in our house, not being able to turn on the lights to find a remote would definitely be an additional source of irritation!

Reply to
Michael Chare

no, the is one of those inventions that would have had the the Dragons Den investors slathering all over it, it's a stick on light switch that looks like a normal light switch.

Reply to
srp

thanks, that's what I wanted to know ! Presumably there would have been space to put an AA battery in the design if required, come to think about it.

Reply to
srp

Good. I know when I bought mine, I noticed some other makes used a 123A

- which looks like a slightly shrunken AA. I preferred to go with something that used a cell that we already need for other purposes.

Reply to
Rod

no, the is one of those inventions that would have had the the Dragons Den investors slathering all over it, it's a stick on light switch that looks like a normal light switch.

I bought a touch dimmer (MK) which has a remote facility - you 'teach' it to respond to any unused button on an existing remote if you don't want to buy the one that is recommended.

Reply to
John

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk wrote on 17/10/2008 :

They tend to have the life of a battery which has not been fitted, or in other words the shelf life of the battery.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield