Remote Control for Lights

All,

Does any one know of a remote control unit to control the lights, that has a controller that can be hidden away and not attached via a 13 amp plug or light switch.

I need the dimming unit to be totally seperate from the switch.

Any help would be great.

j.

Reply to
hopkins

google x10 and home automation

Reply to
John Stumbles

I recently bought a couple from Homebase, about £18 each. It has a unit which replaces a conventional single wall switch (but not two way switches, and not suitable for energy saving bulbs), and then a small battery operated remote switch. Uses infra-red, like a TV remote, so you must have line of sight between wall switch and remote. Light can also be dimmed and switched on/off via button on wall unit. Rated to 300 watts. Called a Timeguard Infra-red Dimmer Light Switch with Remote Control.

David PS - also on eBay, but with delivery charges were more expensive!

Reply to
DavidM