Remote control dimmers

I notice that B&Q have some remote control dimmers

about 25 notes. Anyone got any experience or comments on these ?

Screwfix do one but it looks s**te IMO.

Cheers

Reply to
arse

for about 25 notes. Anyone got any experience or comments on these ?

My parents have these and I don't like them. They seem a bit hit-or-miss when turning on and off and the single control means that when you want to turn the lights up you probably have to turn them down first and vice versa.

They work OK with a remote control.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

for about 25 notes. Anyone got any experience or comments on these ?

Not sure I would pay that much for them... try here:

John Rumm

> for about 25 notes. Anyone got any experience or comments on these ?

>John, Thanks for the reply , that's a much more reasonable price, I ordered the 2 gang version for just about the same price as the 1 gang from B&Q.

Cheers

Reply to
arse

> for about 25 notes. Anyone got any experience or comments on these ?

>> --

They also sell the chrome one in Wilkinsons stores (they used to sell the white ones also) -

that if intending to use with low voltage Halogen lights, it only works with electronic transformers.

Dave

Reply to
logized