Remember that "free" lawnmower?

Daughter number two has decided that she doesn't like it. Too heavy, too awkward to get in and out of her shed, uses a fuel that she has to go out and buy, doesn't pick up grass well enough etc, etc.

I've tried pointing out that firstly, it has an ENGINE, it makes SMOKE and NOISE, it can cut off fingers and toes and that cutting the grass more than once every three weeks might improve the pick-up, but no, she's not convinced. :-(

Bet I wouldn't have had this trouble with a boy.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

So she wants more power, less weight AND it to be electric not fuel. Sounds like it's becoming not your problem.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Not necessarily: e.g. she might fancy sheep.

Reply to
Robin

Our daughter keeps two rabbits round her grans and they do a good job of keeping her grass trimmed. ;-)

They also like digging shallow holes in the grass down to the soil to lay in to keep cool in the heat so daughter is gradually re-seeding the whole lawn as she moves their run about (and it needs it). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Oh I think you would today. Everybody expectg everything to be clean safe and simple. Unfortunately there are still lots of people who sever fingers and do backs in while gardening, some even manage to stick forks through their feet. There should be an accident prone exam and those who fail need to be in the safe world the rest of us can carry on as before. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mmmmm........sheeep........

Oops! Did I say that out loud?

Reply to
David

If you are dreaming of electric sheep you must be an Android

Reply to
Mark Allread

I work in Engineering, but for some odd reason, the office that we are due to move to in September has a huge picture of sheep and lambs at the end of it. Not quite what I'd expect for an Engineering office.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Floor the run with wire netting. The grass can poke through to be eaten, but they can't dig.

But they must have shelter.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Nice ripe rabbit for dinner?

Reply to
ARW

I thought they shouldn't have wire underfoot or maybe they mean wire as an actual floor (like mouse gage), rather than grass that is poking though the wire)?

Understood.

Of course. Daughter has provided what looks like a rabbit adventure playground with tunnels and logs and cardboard and all sorts of stuff to entertain them.

One rabbit is quite old and just seems happy to lope about and eat the grass. The other is younger and is into anything you introduce into their run. ;-)

They are generally only let out under supervision and are put away in their two story hutch every night.

I did consider a fully enclosed run (inc the wire base as you suggest) and that may be stage two.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m