Reliable UK Lighting supplier

Hi guys,

I just wanted to tell you about this company - Lumos Lighting -

've just re-lit my whole house and these guys provided some really interesting designs with fibre optic kits, led's and all the othjer regular stuff.

They provided me with some really cool lighting designs so I could actually see what my rooms would be like before I even purchased anything (apparently these drawings tell you about light levels and stuff but I was just amazed at how life-like they were :D )

Their onlien catalogue is great but if you want proper service, fire them a quick email.

So, yes they're highly recommended.

Cya

Adam

Reply to
adam

The message from snipped-for-privacy@lazyrecords.co.uk contains these words:

Dunno what that means, but welcome to my spam-bin. I've rarely seen such a transparent attempt to promote something.

You must think we were all born yesterday.

Reply to
Guy King

are connected to the company?

Let's see:

Domain name: lazyrecords.co.uk

Registrant's address: Keithley Lodge Newcastle-Upon-Tyne NE12 9JA GB

---------

Domain name: lumoslighting.co.uk

Registrant's address: Keithley Lodge Newcastle-Upon-Tyne NE12 9JA GB

Oh dear. A dishonest trader.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Crickey - you only did your whole kitchen in May, must have been a really crap company that did that job if you have just had to do it all again :-

"Thought i'd point you to a webpage of a company that have just redone my kitchen. ...lumoslighting..." From: snipped-for-privacy@lazyrecords.co.uk Newsgroups: free.uk.diy.home Subject: Re: Kitchen lighting Date: 19 May 2006 10:42:28 -0700 Message-ID:

A business best avoided I suppose, especially as they unlawfully attempt to reduce your legal rights as a purchaser and don't seem to have heard of the Distance Selling Regulations -

"If the item(s) are not required for whatever reason we will collect it & offer a full refund subject to the item(s) being returned to us in a resaleable condition (a £15.00 handling charge will apply). "

"Lumos Lighting Adam Gardner

8 Brentwood Avenue, Jesmond Newcastle-Upon-Tyne"

"Adam Gardner posted 22nd July 2006 22:18:14 Congratulations, you're now listed in the Lazy Records Niche Music Directory. "

Just good friends?

Reply to
Peter Parry

The message from "Bob Eager" contains these words:

And a wanker to boot. Just think, one stupid bit of trying to be clever has alienated an entire market sector!

As you said, why not just say "I've just opened and would you like to have a look at my wonderful stuff?"

Reply to
Guy King

They also mention shipping to anywhere in the UK 'normally within 5-10 days'. That's not good enough in these days of internet shopping. I'd expect same day dispatch, next day delivery.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

For the record,

I am related to this company, yes.

We registered the domain about a year ago, we have since moved premises

- why would that registered address mean we are dishonest traders?

Our full contact details are posted clearly, on the bottom of every page of our website. Please feel free to call / email us if you still believe we are dishonest.

We ARE NOT dishonest traders, and pride ourselves on a secure, easy-to-use website with all related contact & privacy information. Our credit transactions are handled securely by Barclay's PLC (do you think they would deal with our payments without proper authentication of authenticity?)

And about the distance selling regulations -

Quote from the Office of Fair Trading -

"The consumer may, at your discretion, be charged the direct cost of returning the goods, but you must tell them about this in the written information you give them."

Quote from our website -

"We will be pleased to arrange a full refund of the purchase price, within a maximum of 30 days, subject to the following :- You must notify us of your wish to cancel within 7 days of receipt of delivery of the purchased goods.

You must return the goods unused and in good condition in their original packaging."

If the item(s) ordered are faulty or damaged we will collect free of charge & replace.

"If the item(s) are not required for whatever reason we will collect it & offer a full refund subject to the item(s) being returned to us in a resaleable condition (a =A315.00 handling charge will apply)."

I see NO WAY in which we are contravening the Distance Selling Regulations - but please feel free to tell me if you're seeing something I'm not.

At the end of the day, you're all looking for suppliers you can rely on, we firmly believe we are that company ... so if it is a bit of shameless self promotion - so what? It helps everyone out in the long run.

Adam

Guy K> The message

Reply to
adam

Well, you're personally dishonest since you pretended to be a satisfied customer rather than declaring your interest. You're also a f****it for posting off-topic commercial advertising and a double-dyed f****it for top posting.

TBH the best advice you will receive is coming up now:

You're in a hole, so stop digging. Apologise. Then don't try to sell here ever again.

However since you're a f****it (see above) I suspect that you will continue to hamfistedly put your foot in it up to the hip.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So why didn't you say so instead of feeding us this apparently unsolicited testimonial:

"I just wanted to tell you about this company - Lumos Lighting -

've just re-lit my whole house and these guys provided some really interesting designs with fibre optic kits, led's and all the othjer regular stuff."

Everyone who reads this group (including Google) has now got Lumos Lighting filed as a company not to do business with.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Because you didon't declare that interest - an underhand and dishonest move. Now, anyone who Googles for

Lumos Lighting

or

Lazy Records

will see that they are connected to someone who pretends to be a satisfied customer, when in fact they are engaging in misleading and untruthful advertising.

Now do you see?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Don't think I'd want to deal with Lazy Records, either!

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , snipped-for-privacy@lazyrecords.co.uk writes

Of course, you are correct, your shameless self promotion does help every one out in the long run, all these comments are archived, in future anyone who cares to Google for

or
will discover that Adam Gardner is not averse to using underhanded, deceptive, if not outright dishonest tactics in his business practices.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

The message from snipped-for-privacy@lazyrecords.co.uk contains these words:

Yes you are - the first time you show your face on a newsgroup you start with a lie. That's dishonest.

Why would anyone trust you if you make a start like that?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Bob Eager" contains these words:

Not if they're associated with that bunch of liars at Lumos Lighting of Newcastle upon Tyne.

Oh dear - another referrence for Google. Ooops. I'm not very good at this, am I?

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Steve Firth contains these words:

Now there's a lesson British Gas could do with learning - and perhaps passing on to T. Blair.

Reply to
Guy King

In what way exactly? As in "run it"?

Me?

Because you don't tell the truth. Because you try to hide behind subterfuge, because you claim things which are not so. Because you tried to pretend to be a customer when you are not. Will that do for starters?

I'm not quite sure what "authentication of authenticity" is as it is a language other than English but merchant service providers regularly provide services to dishonest, and in some cases outright criminal, organisations. They (eventually) don't do so when they get to know about it but merchant service providers don't do any vetting of customers trading standards or customer service. merely their ability not to con the merchant service provider.

I'll humour your stupidity. Read Statutory Instrument 2000 No. 2334 rather than the numpty guide.

That's wrong for a start, it's seven _working_ days starting the day _after_ receipt of the goods.

That's wrong as well. The customer has no obligation to return the goods.

Nothing to do with SI2334 but you have that wrong as well, your statutory duty is to refund the consumer all their costs. _You_ don't have a choice in the matter.

That's wrong as well (at least you are consistent). A handling or restocking charge is illegal. You can charge only the direct cost of recovery (the exact postage cost of collection alone; nothing if the customer returns the goods at their expense).

I'm sure you don't. In fact you know so little about the subject that your customers are free to reject and require you to collect the goods at any time within 3 months and seven working days after receipt entirely at your expense.

"11(4) Where neither paragraph (2) nor (3) applies, the cancellation period ends on the expiry of the period of three months and seven working days beginning with the day after the day on which the consumer receives the goods."

I'm sure you believe you are that company. That doesn't make it so or even remotely close to being so. Why on earth would anyone chose to rely upon a company where the owner tries to pretend he is someone he isn't to dishonestly promote the company? Are you really that short of satisfied customers that you can't find a real one to recommend you?

No, it is brainless self promotion and dishonest, you don't seem to understand the difference.

It does indeed. Anyone researching your company will now know much more about it. They will know it employs trickery in futile attempts to attract customers; that it doesn't understand customers statutory rights and that it tries to limit them. I'm sure they will draw their own conclusions.

Reply to
Peter Parry