Reliable boilers ?

I am just about to replace a 5 year old Worcester 26CDI which has been an absolute dog. It has been serviced by Worcester from new but has broken down completely without warning at least once each year since installations. Its on its third breakdown this year.

I bought this boiler on the advice of a reputable installer. How do I choose a new one without getting caught again.

Ian h

Reply to
ianh

W-B did very very good kit, then they went through a period of turning out crap, which has now turned around.

Well Glow Worm make a decent combi, which don't have startling flow rates. Worcester Bosch Greenstar is good, but I assume you want to avoid that maker. The Ideal Isar combi isn't bad. If you are rich get the Eco-Hometec

Vaillant, who own Glow Worm, make good stuff too, but again flowrates are not starling.

Reply to
IMM

Thanks for the advice, your right I want to avoind W-B.

Despite being a former fan of Combi boilers I now want to avoid them specifically so that I have back up water heating. Even if the system only fails occasionally its a major hassle with a family and failures always occur during holidays when there are lots of visitors etc.

I am currently thinking of an Ideal Istor as this has an immersion heater included and comes in one box, I dont think I have enought space for a boiler and a separate store.

Reply to
ianh

Good choice

Reply to